Have No Fear: Sedation Dentistry is Here!
All Smiles Dental Group always goes above and beyond to make patients happy. One way to make sure our patients are comfortable is through sedation dentistry. We understand that some people are nervous about dental procedures, so we have options available to help them calm down.
Who is a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is helpful for patients who have:
- High fear
- Previous traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty getting numb
- A bad gag reflex
- Very sensitive teeth
- A fear of needles and shots
- A hatred of the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
The Sedation Dental Care Standard
Sedation has been used in dental care for over 30 years, and has become more popular for people who are uncomfortable going to the dentist. Don’t let your fear stop you from getting proper oral hygiene. If you feel that sedation is necessary for your dental care, call our office.
Understanding Your Options
We offer the following types of sedation:
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas): This is a very safe form of sedation. Since it is a conscious form of sedation, we can work on patients for a longer period of time.
- Oral Sedation (Pill): We offer this because many of our patients are needle-phobic.
Making Sure You Stay Safe During the Procedure
Conscious sedation is very safe. We have full control over your sedation state while receiving your dental treatment. Your vital signs are monitored continuously. You will need someone to bring you to our office on the day of your sedation appointment and you MUST have someone take you home afterwards.
Ready to Get Started?
If you aren’t sure if sedation is right for you, we can help you decide. Contact us online to request an appointment.